Monday, August 31, 2009

Forever Changed, Thank You Joel!


Wow!! Still on a high from seeing Joel Osteen last night! Amazing stuff.... I walked out of there feeling empowered, having a new attitude, and feeling like a totally changed person. His event was better than I ever expected and he was so right when he said "Noone will leave here tonight the same!" Just being in Joel's presence is so incredibly powerful. You are not only affected by his words, but his whole presence. He's a passionate, driven, caring, emotional, spiritual, funny, and loving human being! I am so incredibly grateful for him and that I actually got to see him in person- and so close too! I was not many rows back from the stage and I swear sometimes I just know he was looking right at me when he was speaking!! And being my first event, it was an amazing feeling being surrounded by so many uplifting and positive people. I sooooo want to be in that kind of environment again! I soooo want to move to Houston just to hear Joel speak and be in his presence every Sunday! Packing my bags!! I have listened to many of his podcasts, watched him on tv, have most of his dvds, read his books, but there is just nothing as powerful as seeing and listening to him in real life!!!

He made me cry a few times throughout the night, especially when he talked about how important it is to let go of the past (the hurts, pains, negative influences in our upbringings ect...) or it's going to poison your future. Wow is that ever true! His wife Victoria talked about how important it is to have respect in your home- respect your spouse, kids, family....His son plays guitar in his ministry band (which by the way was AMAZING! I almost thought Jennifer Hudson was up there singing for a minute!) and his daughter sings. She has a great voice and is so adorable! He has a beautiful family.... It's inspiring at the very least. Watching the 4 of them on stage made me imagine what that would feel like growing up- what would it feel like to grow up in such a positive and loving home? Wow.... it put a huge smile on my face. And I was so blown away that he had already done 2 sermons that day in Texas and then jumped on a plane w/his family to Portland for his event in the evening. He looked a little tired, (I would be!!) but he pressed on! He's amazing....

I purchased a great little book at the event last night- "Healed of Cancer" by Dodie Osteen. (Joel Osteen's mother) It's a small, but powerful book. Takes about 20 minutes to read. It's well worth the read!

And my husband recently suprised me with a book I've been wanting to get. (he put it on my pillow, awww how sweet is that!) It's called "Love Your Life" Living Happy, Healthy, & Whole by Victoria Osteen. It's so good it's hard to put down! If you want to become a better, healthier, and happier woman- read this book! Or if you just want to get really inspired, read this book!

Looking forward to the next time Joel comes to Portland!!!!

Be well, enjoy your life, and be grateful for every day you get to be here!

Kimberly

No comments: