Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's Not All About Us.....




I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I wish more people would realize that life is not always just about "us." It's about giving to others too! It's about slowing down and opening the door for someone, letting someone go ahead of you in line, being kind and respectful to people, doing a random act of kindness, making a phone call that you've been putting off, spending time with someone, helping someone out, and the list goes on! When I see selfishness in the world, it bothers me. It's a lot of ME ME ME sometimes. When you realize that life really isn't just about YOU, that it's also about giving to others- it's much more enjoyable and rewarding. It has a great effect on everyone around you! I've seen it many a times. I am always helping someone, or doing a random act of kindness, complimenting or cheering someone up, smiling, always letting my happiness rub off on other people. I've seen the difference it makes. ♥ If you have it to give, why not? And if you don't have it to give, try being more of a contributor and notice how it WILL fill you up. ☺ Notice what it does for someone else! It's one of the most powerful things I've learned in my life, how important "giving" is. Even if it's just a small thing, it comes back 10 fold! Not everyone is going to be able to do it, so let us stand up and be the ones! Let us be that inspiration for others....♥
"If you can't feed one hundred people, just feed one."
-Mother Teresa
The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving."
-Albert Einstein
"If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart."
-Arab Proverb
Be well and be happy!
Kimberly

No comments: