Thursday, September 18, 2008


Special People Can Have A Powerful Affect On You!

This post is dedicated to Randy Pausch. Many of us know him as the professor at Carnegie Mellon University who inspired countless students in the classroom and others worldwide through his highly acclaimed last lecture. He died of complications from pancreatic cancer on July 25th. He was 47. Randy has had a profound affect on my life. First after watching his Last Lecture and then recently after reading his book "The Last Lecture." w/Jeffrey Zaslow. Not only does his book touch on his Lecture, but it also has many other powerful gems in it as well. His attitude, courage, optimism, strength, advice, belief in others, and love for his children and wife is amazing to me! He really puts into perspective what's truly important in life. Here are my favorite quotes from the book:

"Time is all you have. And you may find one day that you have less than you think."

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

"Brick walls are there for a reason. They give us a chance to show how badly we want something."

He has been a huge inspiration to me and will continue to be. He made me realize how truly precious our time is, how we should be spending it and with who, and to never give up on your dreams! He also reminds us how important gratitude is. I love that I have something in common with him- I too want to have a powerful affect on people, even long after I'm gone!

He will be greatly missed. But he continues to inspire....Thank you Randy!

No comments: