Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thankfulness....


I am feeling extremely thankful today and I want to express it! I think it's important that we express our thankfulness every single day. I say "thank you" a lot- it's something that is very important to me and that I've always done! There are many reasons to be thankful and many people to be thankful for! I've come to realize how important my friends and family are. There are many that are loving, supportive, kind, strong, inspirational, and successful. I'm thankful for all that they are and all that they mean to me. I am thankful for total strangers who have shown an act of kindness to me or made a difference in my life, even if it's just in some small way. When someone holds the door open for you, do you thank them? When someone does something nice for you, do you thank them? When someone gives you a call, do you say thanks for calling? Are you thankful when you have an 'Aha Moment' or when someone inspires you? Are you thankful for the good and the bad? Are you thankful for the lessons you have learned? Thankfulness makes me feel incredibly good and I know when I express it to others, it makes them feel good as well. I will never stop saying Thank You and being extremely Thankful! Express your thankfulness and help make the world a better place!


"I am thankful for small mercies. I compared notes with one of my friends who expect everything of the universe, and is disappointed when anything is less than the best, and I found that I begin at the other extreme, expecting nothing, and am always full of thanks for moderate good. . . . If we will take the good we find, . . . we shall have heaping measures." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson


"Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life." -Robert Stevenson


Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. -Buddha



Thanks for stopping by!


All the best,


Kimberly






















1 comment:

Tracey said...

I noticed you were in a thankful kind of mood ;) You're so right about sharing those thoughts, because it does make others feel great. Your comment about being thankful for both the good and the bad is really important. It's easy to feel thankful for what's good in our life, much harder to be thankful for the more difficult times...
Thanks for this post!