Thursday, June 26, 2008

Great Thoughts From My Doctor, Dr. Clarke

I have a ton of respect for one of my doctors, Dr. Clarke. He will be retiring soon, but I've learned so much from him. He recently published his first book and signed it for me. I was thrilled! But more than that, it's a great book and I wanted to share some of his key points. He really focuses on how stress can make people ill and the importance of having joy in your life. It's so true. And quite powerful!

Here are some great things he said to me in his office one day..... I made a mental note!

~People don't take enough time for themselves.

~People are busy trying to fix everyone else and everything around them. They forget to focus on themselves!

~The best advice he gives his patients is "go find something you love to do and do it! Get some joy back into your life."

~Sadly enough, some of his patients have felt their best when they are sick and in the hospital. That's when they actually have an oppurtunity to focus just on themselves and not worry about anything/anyone else. I find that really interesting and very sad.....

~Many people have had stressful upbringings and carry that into their adult lives. They continue to be stressed!

~Many of his patients who are stressed, don't admit they are stressed. A lot of them don't even know they are!

Something to think about.....

Find Your Joy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a smart doc!!!!